Pregnancy is a very crucial period in any woman’s life. But then, how safe is exercising during pregnancy?
Even though cardio is one of the best ways to lose weight, performing it during pregnancy is not advisable. So, if you are pregnant, instead of performing cardio workouts for losing weight, you can perform them for getting these other benefits.
Cardio Exercises during Pregnancy
20 minutes of walking should be more than enough for a day. You can also use this time to listen to your favorite music and have some time for yourself. You can try following these steps:
- Repeat step 2 for the last five minutes.
- Perform stretching exercises for five minutes to end the session.
- Start with a five-minute brisk walk.
- Slow down and walk for another five minutes at a slow pace.
- Then again repeat step 1 for another five minutes.
Swimming is the best and the most advisable exercise for a pregnant woman. This is because, in water, we would only weigh one-tenth of our actual weight. Swimming offers the following advantages:
- Boosts your power and flexibility.
- Unlike another exercise that can overheat your body, swimming actually cools your body down.
- It also helps reduce the swelling of legs and feet during pregnancy.
- Climbing Steps:
Climbing steps is another simple, but impactful exercise that can be practiced during pregnancy without any problems. You can plan it while going to the office or coming back home. But make sure to keep the following points in mind:
- Increase the number gradually if you are comfortable.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Avoid talking on your mobile phone while climbing.
- Climb the stairs at a slow/moderate pace.
- Dedicate time and decide how many steps you would climb daily.
- Recumbent Bike:
Exercising on a recumbent bike is totally safe during pregnancy, but make sure not to overdo it. Following the steps while performing would be beneficial to you:
- Warm up for five minutes at a speed you are comfortable with.
- Raise your speed for the next three minutes.
- And for the next three minutes, lower your speed. This whole one set.
- You can do three to six sets depending upon your comfort levels.
- In the end, make sure to do some stretching exercises.